Why Are Motorcycle Accidents So Much More Dangerous than Other Types of Accidents?
Any motorcycle accident lawyer in Baton Rouge would tell you that motorcycle accidents are the most dangerous type of accident. Motorcycle accident victims tend to suffer very serious injuries. In fact, many of them don’t ever recover from their injuries. They either end up permanently disabled or they pass away.
For people who ride motorcycles, the last thing they expect is to get into an accident. They may have been riding for years and never had anything bad happen to them. But all it takes is one mistake and they can end up in a crash. It doesn’t even have to be due to anything they did wrong. Negligence on the part of the other driver is often the cause of the accident. No matter how careful you are, there’s nothing you can do to make the other people on the road be just as careful.
If you get injured in a motorcycle accident, you’re going to need an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer. Your attorney will focus on the legal side of things while you recover from your injuries. And, if your loved one passed away due to injuries sustained in a motorcycle crash, you may have a claim for wrongful death.
Your Baton Rouge Motorcycle Accident Attorney Knows How Bad Your Injuries Are
Motorcycle accident lawyers in Louisiana know how dangerous these crashes can be. This is because the only thing standing between you and the other vehicle is a plastic helmet. Often times, you can be ejected from your bike. When this happens, you’ll end up being thrown several feet. You could end up in the middle of traffic. This means you may get run over by another vehicle. If this happens, there’s little you can do to protect yourself.
Some of the injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents include:
- Spinal cord injuries – Most people who suffer a spinal cord injury end up paralyzed. You could end up in a wheelchair for the rest of your life. If this happens, odds are you won’t be able to work again.
- Broken neck – Similar to a spinal cord injury, a broken neck can be debilitating. If you break your neck in a motorcycle accident, you’re going to need surgery and long-term physical therapy.
- Back injuries – Given the impact suffered, you’ll probably experience some sort of back injury. These injuries also tend to require surgery and physical therapy.
- Traumatic brain injury – Whenever you sustain a serious blow to the head, you can end up with a traumatic brain injury.
If you experience any or all of these injuries, you’re going to have a claim for damages.
You Deserve Compensation for Your Injuries
If you’re seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, you’ll be entitled to damages. Your motorcycle accident attorney in Baton Rouge is going to demand the following damages:
- Medical Bills – You’re entitled to medical bills and future medical bills. The defendant should be liable for these losses. You shouldn’t be left holding the bag if the accident wasn’t your fault. Your lawyer will use your medical records to prove how badly you were injured. Your doctor can also testify to your needing future medical treatment.
- Lost Wages – If you are out of work for some time, the defendant may argue that you could’ve gone back to work sooner than you did. Your doctor can testify that this isn’t the case. An affidavit from your doctor will carry a lot of weight with the jury.
- Pain and Suffering – The best way to prove that you were in pain is to prove it with medical records. Your motorcycle accident attorney will submit proof of your injuries. They can also have your doctor testify as to the pain associated with your injuries.
- Property Damage – Chances are, if you get into a motorcycle accident, there’s going to be some damage to your vehicle. The defendant should be held responsible for the costs of repairing or replacing that vehicle. Your Baton Rouge motorcycle accident lawyer will demand that you be compensated for these expenses.
Contact an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Baton Rouge Today
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, you’re going to need an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer. Baton Rouge Trial Lawyers are used to handling cases just like yours. Call today and schedule your initial consultation. It’s absolutely free and you pay nothing until you settle your case.
The defendant will have a lawyer working for them and you should too. Let an experienced trial lawyer get you the compensation you deserve.