Shreveport Personal Injury Attorneys
Have you been injured in an accident in Shreveport, LA, and looking for the best attorneys near you to help you with your personal injury claim or lawsuit as a result of the negligence of another party? If so, you have come to the right place.
At our personal injury law firm in Shreveport, LA, we are experienced in handling all types of personal injury claims and lawsuits, from car accidents and truck accidents to slip-and-falls and dog bites.
We know what it takes to successfully win a personal injury case, and we will work tirelessly to make sure you receive the maximum amount of compensation possible for your injuries.
Don’t delay – contact our Shreveport personal injury lawyers today for a free, no-obligation consultation. We will review your case and let you know how we can help. You have nothing to lose!
Types Of Shreveport Personal Injury Cases
These cases include:
- Bicycle or bike accidents
- car accident, fender-benders, automobile accidents
- truck and commercial vehicle accidents, 18-wheeler accidents
- pedestrian knockdowns or pedestrian accidents
- slip and fall, trip and fall, premises liability
- dog bites and animal attacks
- wrongful death claims
- head injuries, traumatic brain injuries
- burns and scalds
- catastrophic injury; catastrophic injuries
- injuries from defective products
- electric shock injuries
- asbestosis and mesothelioma
Reasons To Pursue A Personal Injury Case in Shreveport
If you have been injured, you may be inclined to file a claim against the other party. An experienced personal injury lawyer can assist people who have suffered severe injuries in obtaining compensation from both the negligent party and their insurance company.
Other than monetary compensation for tangible losses, like missed pay or medical expenditures incurred as a result of the accident, bringing a personal injury claim aids in the goal of accountability.
Here are the main reasons to file a personal injury lawsuit:
- Medical Expenses: Filing a lawsuit can help you recover the money you have spent on medical treatment and medical expenses as a result of the accident. This includes past and future medical expenses related to the injury.
- Lost Wages: A personal injury claim may help you recover the wages you have lost as a direct result of the accident. This includes both missed paychecks and future wages you will lose as a result of the injury.
- Pain and Suffering: A personal injury claim may also help you recover damages for the physical pain and emotional suffering you have experienced as a result of the accident.
- Punitive Damages: In some cases, it may be possible to obtain punitive damages from the party responsible for your injuries. Punitive damages are intended to punish the defendant and deter them and others from engaging in similar behavior in the future.
- Accountability: Filing a lawsuit can help hold the party responsible for your injuries accountable for their actions. This may also help prevent similar accidents in the future.
How Much Is My Case Worth?
The value of a personal injury case depends on a number of factors, including the severity of the injuries, how long it will take the injured person to recover, and whether the injured person is able to work or not.
An experienced Shreveport personal injury lawyer will be able to give you a better idea of how much your case may be worth.
What To Do If You Are Injured in Shreveport
If you have been injured in an accident, it is important to take the following steps:
- Seek medical attention.
- Gather evidence at the scene of the accident. This includes taking photographs of the scene and gathering contact information from any witnesses.
- Contact an experienced personal injury lawyer for a free consultation.
- Do not speak to the insurance company regarding the accident until you have spoken to your lawyer.
- Follow your lawyer’s instructions.
No one ever expects to be injured in an accident, but when it does happen, you need the help of a qualified personal injury lawyer. At our law firm, we have the experience and resources necessary to successfully handle your case and get you the compensation you deserve.
We understand that dealing with insurance companies can be difficult, so we will take care of all the negotiations and communications for you. We want to make the process as easy as possible for you, so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
Find Legal Help Today For Your Personal Injury Case
If you have been injured in an accident, it is important to seek the advice of a qualified personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. An experienced lawyer can help you understand your rights and guide you through the legal process.
In most cases, it is best to hire a lawyer early on in the process, while evidence is still fresh and witnesses are available. This will help ensure that your case is handled properly and that you receive the best possible outcome.
If you have been in a vehicle accident, you will need to contact your insurance company to settle medical expenses and property damage claims. Calling a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after being treated for the accident is a smart place to begin. Personal injury attorneys can assist by communicating with the insurance company so that your claims are properly compensated.
It is critical to act quickly in the case of certain injuries. In some states, medical malpractice injury claims must be reported within a certain amount of time. Hiring an attorney with years of expertise and filing as soon as possible may be crucial to the success of your claim in these situations.
Louisiana Statute of Limitations on Personal Injury Cases
Louisiana Civil Code section 3492, The statute of limitations is the time limit placed on a person’s ability to file a lawsuit.
In Louisiana, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases is one year. This means that you have one year from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit. However, it is important to speak with an attorney as soon as possible after the accident because there may be other deadlines that must be met.
What Types of Damages Can Be Recovered?
Every accident is unique to a person, and each injury may result in a variety of financial compensation. How you are affected depends on a variety of variables. First, your Shreveport personal injury lawyer must show that the at-fault party was negligent.
Whether you may get compensated will be determined by your state’s negligence law. Damages are calculated based on the type of claim you want to pursue. In general, compensatory, punitive, and overall damages are distinguished.
The most typical sorts of damages recovered in a personal injury case include the following:
- medical bills, including ambulance, hospital, nursing home, and prescription costs
- lost wages, both present and future
- property damage
- pain and suffering
- emotional distress
- loss of consortium (companionship)
- wrongful death damages (in the event of a fatality)
Shreveport personal injury claims and insurance companies
Before you talk to insurance companies or insurance adjusters, you should talk to a Shreveport personal injury lawyer. Insurance adjusters are experienced in getting people to say things that harm their case. They may even offer you a settlement before you have had a chance to recover from your injuries. Do not sign anything or agree to any kind of settlement until you have talked to an attorney.
The role of the insurance company is to make money for their shareholders. They are not on your side, and they will do whatever they can to minimize their payout in a personal injury case. That is why you need experienced personal injury lawyers on your side who know how to deal with insurance companies.
We will work hard to get you the maximum amount of compensation possible for your injuries, including medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. We understand that being injured in an accident can be a life-changing event, and we will do everything we can to make the process as easy as possible for you
When To Hire A Personal Injury Lawyer
If you have been injured in an accident, it is important to speak to an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. At our law firm, we understand the challenges you are facing and we are here to help.
We offer free consultations so you can discuss your case with no obligation. Start the attorney-client relationship today. We will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve.
Contact us today at (318) 373-8150 to get started working with the best personal injury lawyers.