A Top-Rated Personal Injury Law Firm
The team at Babcock Injury Lawyers has dedicated their practice to fighting for those who have been injured by the negligence of others. We care about the safety of others and want to help further the education of those following a similar path of fighting for people’s rights.
The Babcock Injury Lawyers annual Invest in Yourself Scholarship is part of our commitment to helping defray the costs of obtaining an education for those who demonstrate high academic achievement, exceptional leadership qualities, and involvement with community service.
Car accident attorney Stephen Babcock understands the financial burden that comes with law school. He decided to attend law school knowing he would have to take on student loans to pay his way. This decision to invest in himself was difficult at times but taught him a valuable lesson. Investing in yourself is a powerful decision. At times, it is risky and maybe things won’t work out the way you expect them, however, it’s important to always show up for yourself and to trust in the journey. Ultimately, you are the only one that can turn your dreams into reality, never stop believing in your ability to accomplish them!
For this scholarship, applicants are asked to write about investing in themselves and discuss the financial and nonfinancial toll studying law has on students, and explain why all of these are worth enduring.
Once all submissions have been received, the entries will be reviewed, and one student will be selected to receive a $1,000 award. If you invest in yourself, we’ll invest in you.
- Full-time and part-time students are eligible but need to be enrolled in an ABA-accredited School of Law for the 2021 – 2022 school year to apply or study pre-law at an accredited university or college.
- Candidates for this scholarship should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher and be in good overall academic standing.
- The candidate must submit a 750 – 1000-word essay response to the prompt: Why law school is worth the cost, about the choice to invest in yourself, and the area of law in which you are passionate about;
- The candidate must submit a professional resumé that lists their experience, both professional and academic; and
- The candidate must submit a transcript from their current school.
The recipient of the Invest in Yourself Scholarship will be chosen during the month following the scholarship deadline. The winner will be announced on our Facebook page. Besides the Facebook announcement, scholarship winners will be contacted directly at the time of the announcement.
Application Deadline and Instructions:
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must email their full application (including the essay, resumé, and transcript) to [email protected] by April 1, 2022. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.
Scholarship applications should be sent with the subject line “Babcock Injury Lawyers – 2022 Invest in Yourself Scholarship Application.”